Demon: A Memoirby Tosca Lee
I would call "Demon: A Memoir" such a well-weaved and thought-provoking story that it deserves a place on the shelves of every Christian and especially every vocational minister of the Gospel.
Although some may object to any literary license being used to add a backstory only hinted at in the Bible, Tosca Lee's research and writing show her great care in keeping things well grounded and entertaining. As Gregg Fraley says in his novel "Jack's Notebook," we learn so much better when an entertaining story is added to something being learned (consider Jesus' parables, too), and Demon is the plan of salvation all wrapped up in an awesome literary form.
When you finish the book, you will realize that while Lucian's story is ultimately about Clay, Clay's story is ultimately about you.
1 comment:
THanks for stopping by Bibliophile's Retreat. I appreciate hearing what other people think and you have a good point. I just have this thing about stories wrapping up relatively neatly - a matter of personal taste I suppose.
Post a Comment